Rainbow

Thursday 13 April 2017

Gudetama - Research

During my character design process I am trying to consider existing characters that work for both child and adult, and why they work both ways and what it is about the character that is appealing for such different generations. 
Gudetama meaning 'lazy egg' is a Japanese character that appeals to both child and adult. He has two forms, one of the egg and the human egg. I personally find this character so endearing and loveable, and although slightly creepy in the human form, I feel that this is something that I would also like to create in terms of my character. I really like this aspect of characters, the random element of them, the character lives in its own world and this can be created in any form.

WHAT CAN I TAKE AWAY FROM GUDETAMA?
  • Creepy but cute
  • two different forms
  • appeals to children and adults
  • bright colours
  • human face - makes relatable.


No comments:

Post a Comment