Rainbow

Thursday 6 April 2017

Experimenting with moving image

Following on from my digital collage and photo experiment, I wanted to continue with this style of working to see what could become of it.
I looked at the way that moving image can have an effect on the use of characters and design. When a character from a book becomes real, it adds another level of engagement within the book.
I used the same process of colouring a photograph and manipulating it to have a coloured tint.
As this was a quick experiment to see what could become of the moving image, I looked at the characters that i have considered to use as the background of the main characters. The planet shape was a simple design to work with and I began to experiment with pattern and textures within the background of the image to create something that to me, was fairly visually pleasing.

I have begun to consider moving image as something that could possibly run alongside the book, perhaps an advert for the book or a projection that could be shown in a shop window as an advertisement for the book. But I will need to consider if this will be entirely relevant for my style of book. 


The final gif! I really enjoyed making this gif, it was nice to move away from flat imagery as a refresh of thoughts for my further research and experimentation within my book. 
It's always interesting to see how I can translate my work into different ways of working and see how the different textures and use of collage can change the way the characters might be potentially seen.

NEXT STEPS

If I enjoyed making this Gif so much, maybe I consider using something similar in the final outcomes, even if its just using a similar way of working. I really love using the collage aspect and I'm a great fan of the visual look of photography with hand drawn aspects overlaying the image.

I really want to experiment with this more, maybe even considering screen printing photographs and considering how other media such as spray paint or gouache, how their texture will have an effect on the photographs.
It's exciting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment