Rainbow

Friday 14 April 2017

Experimenting

Following on from the decision to make the characters using the brighter colours, I began to experiment with different textures and additions in order to make the designs more interesting and applicable in terms of the general application of the merchandise alongside the book. 

I created a series of spray paint colours and patterns in order to look at how different colours and textures are working together and can sit alongside eachother. 


I've been really struggling to understand the way that I will be able to use colour in different ways to create different a different tone of voice each time, however I felt that this was such a helpful way to understand how I could create the book to appeal to both children and adults creating different moods and emotions.

I really enjoyed this process of experimentation and I was really happy with the outcome of the spray painted pages, I considered the idea of using them within the background aspects much like some of the previous artists that I have explored, I thought about how I can use the same textures and colours within the characters themselves and how this might create an interesting contrast between the finer hand drawn lines and the creative texture of the spray paint.


Overall I found this such a helpful process and through the use of experimentation of media I have inspired to be more experimental in the way that I am producing my images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment