Rainbow

Thursday 6 April 2017

Exploring more graphic posters and designs.

BODIL JANE
  • Loooove these graphic and collage based posters. The patterns and shapes are fairly simple but I feel like the designs alongside the text works SO well...I love it!! I'm trying so hard to understand the ways of creating work in this way in order to transfer these skills to my own practice.
  • I really feel that this style of working, an illustrative and graphic text combo is the way that I want to create with my work. I love the bold black text on the more delicate collage patterns and shapes. It seems like a difficult task to be able to find the balance between this but I really feel that I am able to work at this and somehow begin to create work that I really enjoy making and really like the look of too. 
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!
  • I need to start looking at collage of my own, scanning in the shapes and patterns and seeing how I can play around with them and begin to create work in a similar way.
  • I really enjoyed using the found imagery and distorting the photos through colour and textures so maybe i could use this as a part of it.
  • I feel like i'm stepping away from my usual way of working which could really be a risk but hopefully it follows through and is a successful outcome of all of the experimentation that I am doing. 


LUCRECIA REY CARO


  •  The colours! The gradients! The patterns!! I love it!
  • It's interesting to see all of the shapes working together in a digital platform as opposed to cut shape. I still thing the bold black text works so well to create the overall layout and display of the poster.
  • I really need to experiment with this for the text pages of my book. 
  • I'm getting more and more confident with how my work is progressing in the form of a digital collage mixed with scanned images. It's hard to step away  from the more traditionally drawn images that I am so used to creating but, i have been a fan of this graphic approach to working for so long, I really feel that I need to push myself into creating in this way.
  • I don't think it's so much an issue of how I go about creating in this way, as in, which media i use, but I feel that for pieces such as this, the use of composition and colour is absolute KEY in making them work.

NEXT STEPS

  • Experiment with pattern and colour, and shape..look at how I can combine these images with my characters and begin to form the composition that I started to rough out within my sketchbook.
  • I'm not too worried about time at this point as I feel I made a strong start on the roughs and feel confident that I have designed a layout that works effectively to produce the story that I am telling.
  • The patterns and backgrounds are, just a feature, but I feel that is what will make the book strong and allow it to appeal to adults and children alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment