Rainbow

Monday 1 May 2017

CHARACTER CREATION

I feel like my time is running out, I am procrastinating too much on the smaller details, a lot of which don't matter and I need to make the characters that I am happy with.
I feel that I have the initial designs and my colour palette is pretty set so it's just about actually doing it.
I started by choose the positions of the life drawing sketches and positioning the star and moon heads over the top as I had previously experimented with in my sketchbook.

I then looked at the colour palettes that I have been working with and applied them to the bodies and heads in a way that wasn't too obstructive but used elements of texture and pattern.

I wanted the book to have a hand made feel and I think that the use of the screen print dotted half ton texture that I have used works really well to enhance this element.
Overall I'm really pleased with how the main characters have turned out, I feel that I just needed to MAKE them rather than over plan and over think the creation.

My next steps will be to work this same use of texture and colour into my other aspects of the background and other smaller characters and then begin to form the pages together.

I am slightly worried about time at this point, I don't want to rush but I feel that I really need to get going if I want to finish all of my goals that I have set out to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment