Rainbow

Tuesday 2 May 2017

BOOK LAYOUT

Following on from the creation of my front cover, I felt confident that I would be able to go straight in and continue working in a similar way to create a spread of the book.

I really liked using the images from life drawing in order to create the characters bodies and I felt that  this needed to be an ongoing theme throughout the book.

I found it fairly simple to apply the same elements of design onto the new layout and spread of the first page and I feel that it works well and displays the idea and tone of voice which was intended.
I looked back at my initial research of children's illustrations and considered the use of expressions and over exaggerated faces and applied this to my work.
Continuing on from this, I was able to combine the spread with the first page. I considered how I had worked this within my roughs and kept to a similar means of creation.

As a mock up, I experimented with using the yellow plastic ring binding method on photoshop to see how the colours and aesthetic worked alongside my work. 

I feel that it looks exactly how I intended it to look, taking elements of playfulness and the childlike, creative nature of the book and changing it into a tactile product that can be, read, played with and appreciated by all ages.

NEXT STEPS
  • Consider how the images from the book can be placed within other merchandise and used to appeal to the same audience in an exciting and innovative way.
  • Consider the use of foiling, this was one of the main reasons for creating a physical book so I need to express this method of creation and how it would be done to appeal to the target audicce and have the element of appeal and visual attraction in which I am aiming for.


No comments:

Post a Comment