Rainbow

Monday 30 November 2015

Final Shape Images

Overall, I am fairly happy with the way that i have explored shape within my images. I deinetly struggled with this task and found it difficult to comprehend the form of shape and how i can use it within my own practice, however, following this task I feel somewhat confident that I could use shape in a different form and use in more effectively and with purpose and meaning.
In my first image, i explored the structure and the feathers within the shape of the pigeon. I really enjoyed the consideration of colour within this piece and i feel that the way that i have used smaller details really adds something to the overall aesthetic of it. If i were to do it again i would definitely try to steer away from all the detail, i feel like it might be unnessasary embellishment and i really want to try and experiment with using pure shape as a opposed to elements of line as well. After doing this image i have realised that pure shape can be a really effective way of portraying a message or meaning.

I really struggled with this image as a concept as i really wanted to include the details and patterns of the jacket but i feel like that i have embellished it too much once again, i really need to step outside of my comfort zone, use purely shape and in then ill be able to understand why its so relevant and important as another form of image making. 


For my final image i decided to step away from the classic line/shape drawings that i been making, by  using felt, i thought that in this way i won't have the chance to use small lines and embellishment that i so regularly fall on. I really wanted to push myself into using block colours and shapes and i feel that this felt image has really pulled off, I'm really happy with the result and i definitely feel that it is a successful and clear exploration into shape and the images that it can produce and narrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment