Rainbow

Monday 9 November 2015

Do Judge A Book By It's Cover - Roughs


I completed a series of 5 roughs in order to get a better understanding of how I could approach the topic of 'SEAWINGS' and flying boats. I found it hard to initially come up with 5 different concepts but through research and sketching of different themes surrounding the topics I was able to come up with a selection of ideas.


I definitely liked some of my roughs more than others. I particularly liked the designs with the people in as I found that this gave the covers character and this is something I wanted to display. I found that the design with the planes in were almost too obvious and the design with the seagulls and life ring wasn't giving the reader a good idea of what the book actually is about.


I found that doing drawings based on the book over and over again really helped me when creating the roughs as I began to get ideas as I repeated the images.





No comments:

Post a Comment