Rainbow

Sunday 1 November 2015

Visual Language - Line

In the line task we were to draw 20 of the same image and vary the materials and way we used line each time. I decided to use the image of an acrobat in order to study the positioning of the complex body shape and the way the curves and circular shape work with and against each other.
Initially, I found it really difficult to get the shape and proportions of the body correct, however after repeating the process of drawing I found that it got easier to do this.

I feel that I could have done better with the task as I don't feel that I was experimental enough with the weight and qualities of the line. However, based on this I know that I will be more experimental with the next brief, exploring colour, texture and speed.
As an extra line experiment, I used thread and the technique of 'machine embroidery' to create this line image of a carousel, I really like the texture and the quality of line that the sewing machine gives. I also created a very simple line drawing of a clown, however after doing this I feel that it's too simple and it frustrated me that I wasn't being very experimental in the way I was carrying out tasks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment