Rainbow

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Visual Language - Tone



I have been looking at how I can use a variety of materials and media in order to respond to the tone and mark making brief set in visual language. I have found that in the previous tasks I haven't been very adventurous when it came to using media, colour and shape so for this tasks I focused on that.
I particularly like my experiments of the Helter Skelter image where I have mixed different medias in order to create a sense of tone and mark making. I also think my machine embroidery experiments have been successful in this case as I have used it in a rough way in order to create a different effect with the thread. I am really pleased with my responses in this weeks brief, however I definitely feel that I could push myself even further and use media such as ink and not use lines in order to define the image.






No comments:

Post a Comment