Rainbow

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Visual Narratives - 2 Weeks in Evaluation

What have you discovered about your research over the last two weeks?

I have discovered that through images alone you can easily discover a lot from a place. Just from being in the market and taking photos, I was able to get a really good sense of the atmosphere and how it is almost a vital place for people in Leeds.

Which approaches did you struggle with? And Why?

I struggled with the idea of getting research through speaking to people, I really want to improve on my confidence in this sense as I feel that it will benefit my illustrative work a lot. If I had been confident enough to ask the market sellers questions about themselves I feel that I would have had a better collection of research.

Which approaches to research did you find beneficial and why?

I found the idea of photography and drawing my experiences from the market really helpful as I was able to get a sense of my true feelings whilst I was physically there. Sometimes when re looking at photographs it's hard to put yourself back in the place and photos can replace memories but with the drawings that I did on sight I was able to remember my feelings by the marks, colours and notes that I made.

What could you have done differently with your research period?

I think if I had had longer I would have visited other markets and seen how their compare and contrast. Particularly ones in london such as flower markets where streets are filled with colour. However, I feel that my photos and drawings from Leeds are enough to give me everything that I need for my book.

What kind of media, skills, tools and processes are you going to explore?

Over christmas I am going to explore a multitude of medias including paints and colour combinations in order to get a brief outline of ideas before I begin the final planning stages of my storyboard and actual narrative of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment