Rainbow

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Shape and Texture Presentation

Notes From Presentation

Texture can:

  • complement shape
  • describe the hand of its maker
  • create tone and light
  • improve the way limited colours are seen
  • soften hard forms
  • make sense of composition
  • appear distressed or antiqued by different techniques.


    Laura Carlin
    I am really inspired by the gentle tones and textures of the colour pencil in Laura Carlins work, I feel like the textures add a soft edge and make the image easy to view and fall into as the composition pulls you in. i think the texture of the pencils works well in terms of adding a distressed look to the walls of the plane, possibly adding to the idea of movement and speed as it flies through the sky. 

    Eric Carle
    Eric Carle uses purely texture in order to create the shapes and images that he does. The textures of the food supply a whole new element that addresses the way his work is perceived. To me the texture gives the food a 3D element, with the brush marks adding tone and light in the patterns that it makes. This is definitely something that I would like to experiment with in my own work, and looking at how certain shapes and brush marks can change the way the image is formed and works well together. 


Holly Wales

Holly Wales uses textures to create different shapes and tones. I really like the way that the colours work well together allowing different patterns to show through. In a way, it is the textures alone that make the image, they allow other components of the shapes to be visible and bring the images together. This, to me, is an interesting concept and is something that I would like to look further into within my own study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment