Rainbow

Saturday 19 December 2015

An Untold Story - Roughs

I have created a series of three roughs in order to begin to plan what my story and exploration of Leeds City Market will convey in the book.
Before even starting the roughs I know that I want my book to look a the colours, shapes and patterns that i saw in the market, I want to get across the busy and bustling atmosphere and my feelings of watching people go by.

My first rough explored the sale and deals that were in the market, I looked at the cheap prices and considered how the market traders shout to customers about their deals and try to sell their products over competition. Although this idea explores the hustle and bustle of the market I feel that it is slightly too obvious and I want to look at a more subtle idea.






My second rough explored a simpler idea of the market and just exploring colours and shapes around it, I focused on my photographs that I took for this rough. Again, I wasn't happy with this idea at all as I felt that there was no concept or narrative to it at all and the images alone weren't enough to stand for themselves.




My third rough explored a subtle moment in the market and although it isn't necessarily a full narrative, I explored the moment of a purchase in the market and how this moment it what creates the market itself. I want to expand on this idea in particular.





I have found this process of making hotdog book roughs really helpful, although it wasn't necessarily the same size or length that our story will be, just the quick process of getting ideas and initial images and drawings down was really helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment