Rainbow

Monday 21 December 2015

Visual Journalist - Project Outline

What is your book about?

The Leeds City Market and the hustle and bustle of it. I'm interested in the quieter moments for example, picking up fruit from a stall or the silent moments between the market sellers shouting about their deals.

What are you trying to achieve?

A subtle book about quiet moments in the loud market, I want to create an almost melancholy feeling in the book.

How might this book function in terms of format, layout and sequence?

I will probably create a saddle stitch book, I think this will work well in terms of the story telling element. I will probably create an A5 sized book as I feel that smaller or bigger wouldn't get across my intended message.

These ideas were based on my research into:

Kirkgate Market

In order develop these ideas, my research over christmas will be:

Researching historical elements of the market and looking at how I can physically draw typical market items such as fruit and market stalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment