Rainbow

Tuesday 15 November 2016

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE - VISCEROL FEELINGSS

I often listen to music whilst working, I feel like it brings out different feelings and emotions in my illustrations. Whilst making my zine and particularly now, with my designs for printed pictures, I've found that Florence and the Machine brings out similar emotions and inner feelings just as Carter's writing does. The same whimsical, enchanting and somewhat magical feeling! 
Florence and the Machine's album artwork is also similar to the natural imagery that I'd like to explore and include within my own practice.


SIMILARITIES BETWEEN FLORENCE AND ANGELA CARTER

  • The exploration of pain and suffering in positive lights
  • Comparison between animals and humans
  • Use of metaphors in lyrics and poems
  • References to myths and legends
Although this doesn't directly link to my exploration of carters writing, I feel like its positive to have an image and basic idea of a theme and 'style' of work that I'd like to produce. 
And its definitely a positive thing to have the idea of a 'visceral' feeling connected to my work and be able to produce work myself that can also create this.
I'll make that my aim! To make my work own work create this whimsical enchanting emotion, I'll ask peers what feelings they receive when viewing my work.
I'll continue to explore similar work and music or arts in general that also provoke the same emotions as Carter does!


This song and music video in particular really reminds me of Carter's poetry book 'UNICORN' and the feelings envoked by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment