Rainbow

Wednesday 9 May 2018

SUMMARY POST 3

Briefs Completed / In Progress:



Travelling Man Exhibiton

The Hamster Poster.
Fashion Student Collab.
Self Initiated Brief
Nest
Energy Brief 
Earrings Brief 

I have been so inspired ever since my visit to the God’s Own Junkyard and since the creation of the sketchbooks I feel that my work is really starting to change and develop into something that I’m actually motivated and interested by. This is so exciting.

Since my visit and excitement I have started to research artists that explore and work with similar aesthetics, ideas and colours.

Artists and illustrators such as Aliea Murawski and Alex Wallbaum, Jess Audrey, Jennifer Mehigan,
Signe Pierce, Nicole Ruggiero have all been a great inspiration during this project, they have enabled me to begin to see art and my course as a whole in a completely new way. As a result of looking at Aethelir magazine and completing very intensive research on a lot of artists and designers I was able to fully realise the aesthetics and ideas that I truly love and enjoy not only viewing but creating myself.

AETHER MAGAZINE BLOG POST:

https://e-knowles1518-sp.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/aether-magazine.html 



I have loved this complete turning point within my work and from looking at my practice this time last year compared to now I have realised how much more confident and excited in general I am about the course and my future as a practitioner.

Following on from this research I felt really inspired to learn a completely different skill to enhance my work an enable me to create a wider variety of images inspired by my sketchbooks.

I took it upon myself to re-teach myself after effects to enable my gifs and animation work to be on a completely new and professional level compared to my photoshop gifs.

RE-TEACHING MYSELF AFTER EFFECTS EXPERIMENT:

Following on from this I also taught myself how to create 3D rendered images. This is a technique that I have been seeing in a lot of artists that I love and although it was a long and very challenging task I feel that through determination and a lot of hours staring at after effects I was able to produce a very high standard of 3D animation.






3D LEARNING BLOG POSTS:





This was an amazing feeling during this project, not only did I feel so proud of myself for taking a risk and completely transforming my practice but for the first time in a while I felt really pleased and happy with the visuals and aesthetics that I was producing within my work. I felt so excited to come into uni every morning to create a new gif and I would be staying for around 9-10 hour days most days but they just seemed to fly by!!


Praise the Wifi from Emma Knowles on Vimeo.
Floating Crosses from Emma Knowles on Vimeo.
Rainbow Curser from Emma Knowles on Vimeo.


Following on from my new methods of creation and experimentation I received a request to collaborate from two second year graphic designers. They sent me some of my work and requested that I worked in the same way to produce an image to the word ‘Energy’. I only had 24 hours to complete this small brief, however I really really enjoyed being playful and experimental with my imagery. I felt that this was a fairly easy and pleasant brief to complete as it was based on previous imagery that I had explored. I was also very pleased with the outcome as it is completely different to my previous ways of creation.

OUTCOME FOR ENERGY BRIEF


My first one on one tutorial with Rachel was the biggest turning point in my whole project. I showed her my work and practice so far with the imagery and ideas that I have been exploring and expressed how I felt a bit lost without a meaning or specific idea for where my imagery was heading.

We discussed how a lot of the imagery within my work was based on religion and the internet and how I could perhaps combine this idea and base the whole project on making imagery that compared these two topics. 

I LOVED this idea and following this I began to research and produce ideas and thoughts that I could potentially explore.

TUTORIAL AND RESEARCH POSTS:

https://e-knowles1518-sp.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/tutorial-with-rachel.html

https://e-knowles1518-sp.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/paul-yore.html

https://e-knowles1518-sp.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/facebook-church-installation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment