Rainbow

Wednesday 21 October 2015

What Makes A Good Sketchbook?

I really enjoyed the sketchbook presentation as it gave me an insight on other illustrators methods of working.
The mains things that I will take away from the sketchbook talk is


  • Not to worry too much about how each page looks in your sketchbook, you should be messy!
  • Be experimental - try different media and shapes, sizes and colours 
  • Draw quickly - don't over think your drawings
  • Draw from real life
  • Draw from photos
  • Draw from imagination
  • Draw everyday

    James Jean Sketchbook
    James Jean's Sketchbook
    I love all of the colours and shapes in James Jean's work, partucarily the way the sketchbook isn't a final piece, but in some ways can often look better than the final piece!
    For the visual language module, I have chosen to explore the theme of circus and fun fair as I feel that this will enable me to explore both structures and the human form.


No comments:

Post a Comment