Rainbow

Monday 5 October 2015

Visual Skills - Typeology


Idea Development



Brief 1 is to create an A2 size poster displaying an A-Z typology of your choice. I began by visiting the library where I looked at a copy of 'Wrap' magazine in order to gain inspiration in terms of what I wanted to illustrate for my typology poster. I discovered many new illustrators and graphic designers in which I will explore further and blog my findings in the P.P.P blog. I made lists of possible subjects that I could explore in the development
process such as:

A-Z of british birds
A-Z of canned goods
A-Z of vegetarian food
A-Z of types of shoes
A-Z of cheese
A-Z of insects

After making a list of what each of the letters could represent, I felt that I wasn't being creative or imaginative enough and I felt that the poster wouldn't be engaging and exciting if it just displayed a list of images that people are familiar with. Following this I began to think about combining my lists, for example, The A-Z of insects eating cheeses, both of which will start with the corresponding letter. I found this idea alot more exciting and after discussing with my peers, they agreed that this idea would be humorous, which, as I have learnt is an aspect of illustration that is important (the idea of creating some form of emotion in the viewer).
I am currently still combining different lists but I found it very helpful to continuously draw out objects and subjects from the lists in order to get an idea of how they might work together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment