Rainbow

Monday 19 October 2015

Typeology Poster Final


Overall, I was really happy with my use of colour in my final piece. I have attempted to stay true to the brief and use the one colour with variation of tones. I chose green as I thought this would be appropriate for the fruit and vegetable theme. I was also very pleased with my use of media, I think I had explored my options well and through experimentation, I realised that the shoe aspect of the fruit and veg didn't need to be as prominent and coloured as the body or 'fruit/veg' itself. 
I was also pleased with my use of space on the page. I feel like I have effectively used the A2 space on the page and planned it out effectively in terms of making some fruits and veg larger than others for more impact.

I found the idea of finding a concept challenging in the initial planning stages. I feel that I was trying to be too abstract and have an idea that was more from the imagination, however I feel that my combination of two topics has worked really well. Despite being pleased with the final product, I found choosing the materials for the piece very difficult, I experimented with a variety of tools in order to achieve the most effective results for the characters.

If I were to do the poster again I think I would reconsider how I have constructed the piece in terms of positioning on the page. I would have considered perhaps putting the characters in a scene or a scenario in order to give more of a narrative to the piece.  



No comments:

Post a Comment