Rainbow

Saturday 29 October 2016

YCN BRIEF: UK Greetings

The Brief 
Imagine nipping out to the high-street, or a cool little local shop, or even the place you buy your food, and seeing your designs on display. 
UK Greetings is the UK’s leading direct-to-retailer publisher, making innovative, beautiful, cutting edge and classic greeting cards and gift dressings.
We want you to develop your own collection of greeting cards and gift dressings. 

 Creative Challenge 
Create a collection of greeting cards, notecards, notepads, gift bags and wrapping paper.
We are open to any graphic or illustrative style — geometric patterns, painterly illustrations, designs that feature characters or that use humour in a playful way.
You should come up with a name for your collection too.
Remember to have variety within the range, but make sure your designs comfortably sit together to create a cohesive collection.
We’d also like you to demonstrate how your ideas work as a collection, so one of your design sheets should show your work displayed together.

I really like the openness of this brief, I feel like I have the eye and illustrative knowledge in order to deliver the outcome for this brief without overcomplicating or going too far with the designs.
I have created series of greeting cards in the past for personal projects so I feel like I could transfer this knowledge over into this proffessional brief!
I'll start by looking at existing greeting cards and seeing themes and ideas that i could potentially use for my own work in my own way. I'm excited!!

The problem identified in the brief is the need for a set of greeting cards and gift dressings that will appeal to a mass market but is still quirky and 'cool'.

No comments:

Post a Comment