Rainbow

Sunday 16 October 2016

FINAL DESIGNS - IDEA PICTURES



WHAT I LIKE?
  • I'm really pleased with how the colours of the paint, overlayed with the drawing has turned out, despite using a digital platform, I feel like i've created the 'analogue' and handmade feel well.
  • I'm pleased with the actual drawing itself, I'm glad in the peer review it was suggested to me to add some extra leaves without overcomplicating it.

WHAT I DONT LIKE?
  • I'm not too pleased with the background of the egg illustration and the other two in the series, despite using pencil marks in order to create the same handmade texture, i feel that it has been taken away from by being made lighter, however this was a nessasry step that I had to take in order for the idea of fertility to come across without the illustration being too dark!



WHAT I LIKE?

  • Again, I'm pleased with out the colours on the heart have turned out, I like the different tones of the pink/red that i've used, i think it really adds another handmade element which is the main  feature of my work that I was striving for.
  • I like the simplicity of the design, usually I seem to overcomplicate my work but I've tried hard to keep this design simple and I find it really works well!


WHAT I DONT LIKE?

  • I do LIKE the simplicity, but theres just something inside of me that seems to want to add more detail and elements to the design, I'm not sure what it is, I suppose I would have to play around with adding other drawings but like I said, I'm not really sure that the design needs it!




WHAT I LIKE?

  • I'm really pleased with the concept behind this piece, I think it corresponds well with the idea of visual metaphors, I used roughing well in order to come up with the most effective composition.
  • I like the use of the frame, I feel i've used the drawings of plants and bodies well in order to create an effective illustration.


WHAT I DONT LIKE?

  • I'm really not pleased with the actually drawings themselves, I feel that I should of spent longer on the bodies in order to make them more effective in terms of portraying the metaphor.
  • I'm not pleased with the coloration on this design, I should of worked longer and been more experimental with the paint brush marks so that I could come up with a more effective way of colouring the illustration.
MEGA CRIT

No comments:

Post a Comment