Rainbow

Wednesday 19 October 2016

PRINTED PICTURES - INITAL REACTIONS

When receiving the printed pictures briefing, I felt excited but slightly anxious. I've been telling myself and blogging since first year about the fact that I'd like to be more involved in hand printing methods. I've never attempted it as it's always been something that seems too intimidating to me, but now that it's something I have to do as part of a brief, I feel excited and ready to LEARN!
What I'm excited to learn:
  • Combining different techniques - I feel like this would really enhance my practice and challenge me to create work in a different way. I often create purely line based work, so this would really challenge me to consider shape and colour alongside what I'm already confident with.
  • Pushing myself! - Hand print methods, in particular screen printing has always been intimidating to me, the whole process itself alongside creating positives is something that has always seemed complex so i've put off attempting it, HOWEVER, i'm excited to learn and discover!
  • Colour - I'm eager to learn about the concept of colour overlay and how i can use this to my best advantage, in all three methods of print I could explore this concept and think about how I could potentially create three colours in order to fit to the brief of using two inks.
  • Composition - as I'm creating a book, I'll need to consider how I'm using composition in order to make the most effective pages that can also be stand alone images. I'd also like my book to have a strong narrative within each image so this is something that I'll need to consider to be able improve my practice !!
Overall, I feel confident that a within this brief i'll be able to improve a lot, I feel ready and excited to learn new things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment