Rainbow

Thursday 20 October 2016

PRINTED PICTURES PROJECT PROPOSAL

I intend to produce:
An A4, 16 page book based on the enchanting and feminine themes that Carter explores in her work. I want my book to have a natural handmade feel to it yet still look professional and well made.
I’d like to explore Japanese binding techniques and see how I can use different stocks in order to create different feelings when reading the book.
I’ll include some text and quotes but I’d like the book to focus on the images and colours in the book.

The content will focus on (identify 3 specific themes, texts or concepts):
Poetry and metaphors explored in her poetry book ‘Unicorn’ which explores the purity of females.

Comparisons between femininity and nature and natural objects through her use of metaphors in her writing.

 Carter’s exploration and use of animals in her writing and how I could incorporate this with images of femininity and nature.
I will be aiming to communicate (identify 3 specific messages, ideas, moods etc.) :
 I would like to create an almost dark and mystical mood when reading my book, I would like the reader to be taken into to an enchanting and natural world.
  I’d like to communicate the idea of femininity and purity whilst still using dark natural images – deep forest, caves, toadstools, crystals and gems, moonlightI’d like my book to be detailed and intelligent in the way that I use colour and mark making, I’d like the reader to study each illustration and see new aspects of the prints and to keep discovering new elements.
To an audience of ….. (name 3 characteristics)  

Someone who has an interest for the handmade and analogue aesthetic.
A fan of detailed illustrations with meaning and theories behind them.
 Someone who is interested in the concept on feminism.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment