Rainbow

Sunday 2 October 2016

ANGELA CARTER ZINE



Overall, I'm really really pleased with how the zine turned out. I feel like I used my research well in order to say exactly what I set out to achieve.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE ZINE?
  • The delicate appearance of the pressed flowers and how they compliment the themes and emotions that I'm trying to achieve.
  • The colours and emotions that they provoke. I'm trying really hard to correctly portray the feelings I have when reading Carter's work.
  • The simple line drawings combined with the other elements such as collage (pressed flowers) and the bright colours and mark making, very effective indeed!!
WHAT WOULD I CHANGE OR DO BETTER?
  • I would  try to be more experimental with my drawing style. The illustrators that I looked at before starting the zine used dramatic paint marks and effective pencil marks and I have just played it safe with fine liners. I do regret this choice but at the same time it worked with what i was doing!
FEEDBACK
GENERAL COMMENTS
  • Mixed media works well
  • Aesthetic of writing on tape looks really good
  • Well thought out composition
  • Visually consistent

No comments:

Post a Comment