Rainbow

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Internet Bible Front Cover

ROUGHS

I began my roughing process by creating images in a similar way to how I began my gif making process.
By making rough images I was able to form a number of idea quickly and play around with colour, shape and text in a playful and interesting way.












DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS

Following on from my roughs I began to create the drawings on photoshop by using similar imagery that I have been exploring already.

I really like the symbolism and mix of 'real' imagery mixed with the 3d rendered crosses and text.
I feel that this is a really strong start to my cover design.
In the print room I came across a holographic vinyl which means i would be able to include this texture within the cover, this would be ammmaaaaazing and would really compliment the aesthetic and themes that I have been exploring.

A more simple design, I don't think this image is as effective.
It doesn't really get across the ideas that I'm trying to suggest within the internet bible itself, its too vague.
I think I need to try a design with a simpler background, even though i feel that my first design looked really effective, however, I would love the opportunity to use the holographic vinyl.
A very simple design compared to the other two, I cant decide if this is effective or not??
It could potentially work as a back cover design? 
If it was a back cover design, it would work with a simple text description? or not? as its the bible, I'm not sure it needs a blurb or description. 

I really like the symbolism of this image, however I feel that it won't be as strong as some other images for the front cover of the book.
I would perhaps like to include this image without the text as a piece of artwork to be included within the internet bible itself.
A design that includes the use of the holographic vinyl material. 
I really like how the cross is still included alongside the other images that I have experimented with for my other designs. 

Im going to ask the tutors and my peers for their opinions on the designs and then go ahead from there.
I'm really pleased with my progress so far on this bible front cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment