Rainbow

Wednesday 11 April 2018

AETHER MAGAZINE

 I have come across Aether magazine and I'm IN LOVE!!

All of the artists and collaborators within the publication appeal to me and I really want to explore their work further.

I feel that a lot of the work is very relevant to my internet/religeon project whether that be visually or idea based.

I also really like the construction of the magazine with a perfect bound and thick matte pages.

This is a possible way to construct my internet bible.

I also really like the nostalgic 90's font used that would often be seen in children's magazines.

Again, this is an aesthetic that I could further explore within my publication.

ALIEA MURAWSKI AND ALEX WALLBAUM COLLAB






 "Wallbaum and Murawski’s images conjure up an otherworldly universe existing on a different technological timeline, where computers still feel alien, phones are enormous, and screensavers are windows into mysterious digital worlds."
  "These images are more than just meditations on 90s nostalgia, though. They’re surreal in the proper sense of the term, bringing, as pioneering artist André Breton put it, “the contradictory conditions of dream and reality into an absolute reality.”"


  • To me, these images feel almost alien, the combination of objects and items from across different times really appeals to me.
  • This professionalism and cleanness but messiness within the images is something that I strive for within my work.
  • Similar ideas are being explored, the idea of the old and new working together. 
LUCINDA BUNNY BARKER







  •  Colours/Aethetic/Shape/Lighting
  • I love everything about these images! I really like the smaller segments taken from the larger imagery, this is something that I would love to explorer within my own work. 
GAB BOIS




  •  Simple imagery with surreal ideas.
  • All in a square format, gives the work a modern idea, fit for social media. 
  • Using popular culture in a format of every day life, mixing different ideas and imagery to give new meaning and create new concepts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment