Rainbow

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Creating objects for the Internet Shrine

 CANDLE CREATION


  • Following the idea of a shrine creation and exploring the idea of combining the internet and religion, I thought it would be very relevant to have a candle to represent religion with the internet explorer logo as a forefront to represent the internet. 
  • I really enjoyed learning a completely new process and for my first attempt, I am extremely happy with the outcome of what I have made!!!
  • I have experimented further with adding aspects of glitter to the candle wax to further explore the aesthetic that I am interested in.
  • I would like to create a series of these candles and be able to use them within the virgin mary internet photoshoot and use these as a part of the shrine. 

 OBJECT CREATION




  •  Following on from my learning of the lasercutter I have been experimenting and learning by creating a series of internet themed objects that can be used in a variety of ways.
  • I am really excited about how these items look and I feel that they will become a decorative and representative aspect of the project. 
  • Again, I have been learning how to apply the aesthetic that I am exploring within this project to these particular laser cut items.
  • Adding the element of glitter the the wooden pieces not only adds to the aesthetic but also adds a mystical and magical element to them, which is often associated with religion. 


 COMPUTER SCREEN AND KEYBOARD DECORATION





  • Following on from the creation of my other objects, I wanted to recreate something as a centre piece for the shrine.
  • It made sense to me to use a physical computer and recreate it to again, fit within the aesthetic of my project.
  • I really really enjoyed making these 'props' for my shrine and I feel that by having these objects  it will really tie the shrine together and help it make sense and show the ideas that I am trying to convey. 
EXPERIMENTING WITH COLOUR ON KEYBOARDS





No comments:

Post a Comment