Rainbow

Sunday 27 September 2015

Final Outcome - Mask

Final Outcome

 For the 'Make a Mask of Yourself' task I decided to try and represent how I have felt this week in terms of starting university in a new city and meeting new people. I chose to represent the image of a deer and human with anxious, oversized eyes in order to display the said emotions. In contrast to the natural element of the deer, I decided to take the photographs in a dark, industrial alley in order to represent the feelings of being lost or out of place in some ways. I particularly like how the colours work well together, allowing myself and the mask to stand out against the dark and slightly threatening alley. If I were to improve the image and do it differently in some ways I would maybe taken a photograph where I was smaller or further up the alley in order to give the impression of feeling small against the overwhelming size of the looming walls.
Although this was the final shot, I also liked this image as I feel that it shows the details of the mask well, however I felt that it didn't represent the idea of feeling small in a big city.

I also liked this image, however I felt that there wasnt enough contrast between the natural deer and the background of the trees and foliage. However, I like the idea of the shadows of the leaves over the face and body almost representing the idea of staying hidden behind what you find comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment