Rainbow

Sunday 27 September 2015

Testing and Development - Mask - Orientation Week

Testing and Development 

During the creation of my mask I was faced with the main issue of the sizing of the mask. I wanted to whole head to be covered in able to give the illusion that when photographed, the mask is replacing the head. After experimenting and planning with smaller sizes, I decided to make the mask an oversized head as I thought this would make the large eyes and deer head a more effective element.






I decided to use watercolours to colour the mask, I considered other medium such as acrylic paint but I came to the conclusion that I wanted the mask to be a more subtle mixture of colours and tones rather than a bold combination. 
I decided to subtly blend the deer element of the head into the human part in order for the illustration to work in a different way to it just being a clear divide. 





Overall I was pleased with the outcome of the mask and I feel that I used the paints and other mediums such as glitter to add a shimmer effectively.



No comments:

Post a Comment