Rainbow

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Who Am I Presentation

Main Points
  • Working with Gifs over summer - would like to do more.
  • Favourite types of work - appreciating handmade work and the aesthetics of work.
  • Dom Sebastian - really like to art direction of his work - could this be something I go into?
  • Marina Fini - Whole sets of illustration - art direction as illustration.
  • Lazy Oaf - aesthetic - want to do work on a inclusive level - social media events?
  • Other interests - fashion - could I use this in my work somehow?
  • Don't want to lose my more traditional illustrative style - want to keep this in my work but I feel that my practice is heading in a different direction.
  • Self Portrait - using a gif to represent the way my practice is changing - dream state, confused about the direction I'm heading in?

Final Self Portrait

Other Interests Gif
A post shared by Emma Knowles (@emmaknowlesy) on
FEEDBACK

  • Am I being too harsh on myself? My practice has a deeper level than just aesthetic - maybe a fine art direction?
  • Meaning and conceptual thinking is a large part of art direction and this is something i need to take into consideration.
  • Work links to ideas within metamodernism and so do my interests with the specific art directors that I have put into the presentation - look up this and do some research? 
NEXT STEPS
  • Explore the meaning of metamodernism and the meaning behind it?
  • Consider what I could do to expand my practice and begin to swerve my practice in the direction that I am wanting it to.
  • earrings? zines? posters? consider and create !

No comments:

Post a Comment