Rainbow

Friday 20 October 2017

Thought Process and Weakness

I feel that my strengths are within the way that I use detail and mark making within my image making, I often focus on the smaller elements and the way that I can add smaller embellishments and lines within my drawings, I have decided to focus on a more shape driven way of creating for my 'weakness' image. Through working with bolder block colours and a shape centred piece I am able to explore the way that I can step away from my comfortable way of creating.

I looked at the specific colours that I use in my work and went for the opposite exploring a range of earthy and more natural tones as oppose to the brighter colours that I am used to using in my work.

I wanted to represent the way that my ideas and thoughts often intertwine, after the presentation last week I came away feeling worried and confused about my practice, I'm not sure where my ideas and way of working will stand when I finish university. The shapes that I have used link and tangle around each other, representing my ideas and despite the lines and shapes appearing tangled, in some ways they work together creating something bigger and unusual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment